DERO AstroBWT CPU Mining Proof-of-Work
AstroBWT Mainnet HardFork on block 4550555, March 7,2020. ~0200-GMT. DERO HardFork on block 4550555, March 7,2020. ~0200-GMT.
go get -u github.com/deroproject/astrobwt/miner
DERO AstroBWT Miner v0.01 alpha CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz PhysicalThreads:1 Threads Total Time Total Iterations Time/PoW Hash Rate/Sec 1 3.272996982s 100 32.729969ms 30.6 2 3.572288466s 200 17.861442ms 56.0 3 4.013980986s 300 13.379936ms 74.7 4 4.704899609s 400 11.762249ms 85.0 5 5.784798143s 500 11.569596ms 86.4 6 6.629462384s 600 11.049103ms 90.5 7 8.351780961s 700 11.931115ms 83.8 8 10.49473002s 800 13.118412ms 76.2
AstroBWT Pseudo CODE
1. Calulate SHA3-256 of input data 2. Expand data using Salsa20 cipher 69371 bytes 3. Calculate BWT of step 2 4. Calculate SHA3-256 of BWT data 5. Expand data using Salsa20 cipher 69371 + random number based on step 4 6. Calculate BWT of data from step 5 7. Calculate SHA3-256 of BWT data from step 6
AstroBWT is not a product of the current cryptosphere approach. It has roots in Information Theory and the Compression Domains.
- AstroBWT is based on mathematical proofs and research, unlike many other CPU mining ALGOs.
- All current mining algorithms are static. To explain more simply, all current cryptocurrency mining algorithms follow data dependent branches, loops or conditions. Dero also built out a RandomX implementation in Golang that has been discarded for use but open sourced to the public
RandomX in Golang. <https://git.dero.io/DERO_Foundation/RandomX>_
- AstroBWT, as the name implies, has BWT at it's core. BWT has been in research for the last 3 decades and numerous optimization attempts of GPU/FPGA have taken place. For more information on that topic, please refer to literature in the Information Theory and Compression Domains. However, all known implementations to this date, could not deliver an improvement even twice that of CPUs.
- All major providers (such as INTEL, NVIDIA etc) have already provided optimized implementations of BWT. Since, BWT has been used quite often in the general information theory and compression domains, it has been a subject of intensive studies. https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-dev-reference-burrows-wheeler-transform
- In the coming months or years that AstroBWT is optimized or shown to have a significant performance boost on FPGAs, ASICs, or GPUs there would be a benefit for everyone. Such an advancement could even trigger the next revolution in Bioinformatics, Signal Processing, DNA Sequencing or other numerous domains where BWT is used. So, AstroBWT will not only serve as an ASIC/FPGA and GPU resisitant algorithm but it will aslo succeed in helping scientific research if it is optimized for these things.
AstroBWT Hash Rates